Many parents know their children need braces, but they’re afraid the cost will break the bank. At Children’s Dentistry, we know parents are looking for braces in Las Vegas that will be both effective and budget-friendly. That’s why our office can recommend many different options to help your child receive the braces that they need. We believe that every child who needs braces should have access to them. That’s why at Children’s Dentistry of Las Vegas we’ll do everything we can to make sure your child has the opportunity to have a perfect, healthy smile.
Starting the Process
Children’s Dentistry has been helping children get braces in Las Vegas for years, and we know exactly how to make your child feel more comfortable during the entire process. Whether you need braces for teens or younger children, we’ll ensure that they are given exactly what they need.
When you contact our office, we’ll give you an appointment for an orthodontic evaluation. We recommend that every child is evaluated around the age of 7, whether you feel they need braces or not. However, if your child is older, it’s still a great time for them to get checked. During the early childhood and teen years the teeth can be moved by braces much more easily than when they are older because the mouth is growing. Getting their braces in Las Vegas at this young age will set them up with a perfect smile into adulthood.
Your Orthodontic Evaluation
When you arrive for your appointment, your child will immediately feel at home in our kid-friendly offices. When it’s time for their appointment, the orthodontist will do a visual inspection of your child’s mouth followed by a set of x-rays. This will help give a clearer picture of what your child’s needs are. The orthodontist will also ask both you and your child several questions about your child’s oral care.
If your child needs braces, this evaluation will give the orthodontist all of the information they will need to make their recommendations.
Understanding Treatment Options
If the orthodontist feels that treatment will be necessary, next they will go over the options that are available to you. Braces for teens and younger children are quite common today, but you may not be familiar with the choices that are available. Your orthodontist could make several different recommendations, which may include:
- Invisalign: We’ve found that Invisalign has grown in popularity for those looking for braces in Las Vegas. Invisalign are clear plastic aligners that help gently move your child’s teeth into the proper positions. Children enjoy the fact that they can be taken out while eating, so there are no food restrictions to deal with. Teens especially appreciate that they are virtually invisible, which helps eliminate the social awkwardness that some children feel about traditional braces.
- Ceramic Braces: Although ceramic braces are similar to traditional wire braces, their ceramic coloring makes them blend in with teeth much more than metal can. Children who have ceramic braces often remark at how amazingly natural they look.
- Lingual Braces: The option of lingual braces is often popular because these are installed behind the teeth instead of in front of them. Unlike all other options, they are totally hidden and not able to be seen. The downside is that they usually need to be installed for a longer period of time than traditional braces.
When you’re looking for braces in Las Vegas, make sure you talk to Children’s Dentistry about all available options.
Affordable Braces for Teens
If you’ve read this far, you may be thinking, “This is all wonderful, but how can I pay for it?” Our office understands that affording braces in Las Vegas isn’t easy, and we believe orthodontic treatment should be available to everyone, not matter the income level. Because of this, we offer several different avenues to make sure your child can receive the treatment that they need at a price you can afford.
- Dental insurance: Children’s Dentistry of Las Vegas accepts several different insurance plans, including Aetna, Cigna, and Humana. To find out if our office accepts your dental insurance plan, contact us today.
- Medicaid: Our office accepts Medicaid through the state of Nevada. If your family qualifies, many different services are covered, including orthodontics. Over the past year, there have been several changes to the Medicaid dental program in Nevada. If you have any questions, call Medicaid’s Liberty Dental Plan directly at 1-888-401-1128 to make sure your child’s coverage is up to date.
- Payment plans: If your family will be paying for braces out-of-pocket, we have payment plans available to help spread out the cost over a period of time. Many families find this to be most convenient way to pay for braces, especially if several children need treatment at the same time.
- 50% discount: Children’s Dentistry is so passionate about making sure that every child who needs braces in Las Vegas can receive them, that we have a special discount available for families paying out-of-pocket. If your family pays in full and up-front for traditional braces, you can receive half off of the total bill. For more information and to get your printable coupon, visit our special discount page.
Children’s Dentistry Wants to Help
If you live in Las Vegas and you’re looking for braces for teens and children, give our office a call today. We have 10 convenient locations around the Las Vegas area, and there’s sure to be an office close to your home or school. We’re even open on Saturday to make scheduling an appointment easy.
When your child visits our office, they’ll find a friendly staff that will immediately help them feel more calm and relaxed. We want to go above and beyond to make sure their experience is a positive one. Contact us today to schedule your orthodontic evaluation.